As an HVLN member, you may wish to designate a school “Online Learning Team” to manage online educational opportunities. Fifty (50) seats in Blackboard, the learning management system (LMS) we use, are available for your school as well as access to HVLN course content for Middle school and High school. Additional seats may be purchased in increments of 10 at $50 per seat.
This benefit will provide your school with access to Blackboard that you can use to pilot the integration of online learning as a hybrid or completely online opportunity for your students and teachers. To utilize this benefit, please plan on a minimum of six months preparation before actual implementation.
Considerations for implementation
1. Are your teachers ready to teach online?
· Have your teachers gone through online facilitation training (i.e. Connect!) for instructional best practices and use of the Blackboard CMS?
· Are your teachers familiar and/or experienced with online learning?
2. Are your students ready to learn online?
· Do your students have technology access?
· Have your students received training for using the course management system and working in an online learning environment?
3. Do you have an implementation plan? Do you have a target date for implementation?
· Do you know when instructors will provide online facilitation and face-to-face instruction (if applicable)?
· Do you know when and where students are expected to work in their online courses?Please follow the steps below to request access to Blackboard and available content.
Instructions to Request Content and Access to Blackboard
Step 1: Review and identify the courses you would like to have access to. [List of Available Courses]
Step 2: Complete the request form. [Download Online Course Request Form]
Step 3: Submit completed request form.