The Annual School Library Report for SY 2012-2013 will NOT be collected this year.
- Dewey Browse Contains websites classified by the Dewey Decinmal Classification SYstem for K-12 Education and Research Visit the site:<http://www.deweybrowse.org/>
- Hawaii Association of School Librarians (HASL)
Information about members, conferences, and goals of this local organization.
- Hawaii State Public Library System
A guide to the services and collections of Hawai`i's 51 public libraries, as well as, their hours, addresses and phone numbers.
- American Association of School Librarians
Interested in the improvement and extension of library media services for children and young people.
- Follett Software Company
Wealth of information on automation, opac, technical support, resources, and education on MARC tags.
- Caldecott Award Books
Information about these prestigious books and the award itself.
- Newbery Award Books
All about the books and award itself.
- Lost Textbook and Equipment Account memo (pdf)
- Chapter 57 Guidelines (In Adobe PDF format)
- Materials Selection Guidelines for School Libraries(pdf)
- Lost Book Info
Discarding Library Materials
Discard Procedure for Books: Books and periodicals should be disposed of by following the procedures listed below. Each procedure should be attempted in the order listed until the last procedure is reached.
1. Exchange or transfer among DOE schools as appropriate.
2. Books must be marked discard
3. Donate to a non-profit organization, provided that it certifies that the books will be sold at public sale.
You can also donate the books to the Friends of the Library.
4. Send abroad to other countries desirous of such books, if need known.
5. Discard and destroy. Books should be out of date or in unrepairable condition.
6. Sale - At nominal fee after discard. State employees and members of their family are not eligible.
Any book or set of books costing $250 or more must have form FMS-FA3 approved before disposal
Please ensure that all books have been marked discarded and barcodes are removed.
- Default Price and Discarding Library Materials
$16.00default price for library materials for inventory purposes and thediscard procedure for library materials are linked to the FMS document.
- Current OCISS Publications
- Preservation Info
- School Librarian Position Description
- Librarian Differential