Librarians relish in the gathering, developing, categorizing, and evaluating of resources of varied types and modes: books, CD-ROMS, online services, and the ubiquitous Internet. Having rich and varied resources are the mainstays of their professions.
- Permission to Reproduce Copyrighted Material (pdf)
- Permission to Reproduce Copyrighted Material (Word)
- Permission to Use and/or Reproduce State of Hawaii Department of Education Material (pdf)
- Copyright in the the Classroom
A reader-friendly guide to the Fair Use Guidelines and howi t applies to students and teachers.
Encylopedia Brittanica Resources
- Teleschool - FAQs on Copyright
Practical responses to school level questions regarding copyright, videos, showing videos on closed circuit system, and much more.
- Memo on "Use of Video/technology Material Memo on "Use of Video/technology Material " Teleschool website > FAQ > Copyright Issues section
- Use of Video/Technology Materials Memo (pdf)
- SLS Permission Letter for Multimedia
A permission template created for instances when use of copyrighted materials in a multimedia project exceeds Fair Use Guidelines. These include posting of copyrighted material on Web pages or in videos.
- Copyright in a Nutshell
A quick summary of the Fair Use Guidelines in Adobe format
- Creative Commons
Learn about a way educators, authors, creators of information are able to share their work with others by offering some rights reserved on their material.
ETHICAL USE OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB
The same copyright laws for print also apply to the World Wide Web. The two golden rules of copyright are "thou shalt not steal" and "give credit where credit is due".
- Citation MachineCitation Machine -- The Landmark Project
Citation Machine is an interactive Web tool designed to assist teachers in modeling the proper use of information property.
- NoodleBib MLA Starter (formerly "Quick Cite")
A free, simplified MLA version for our youngest scholars (grades 1-5, ESL).
- US Copyright Office
Gives a comprehensive overview of copyright as well as the basics.
- Protect our Coral Reef Bibliography & Citations
A shining example of bibliographic citations put together for this award winning project by local students from Enchanted Lakes Elementary.